Daniel Tan is an Associate Director. A professional corporate real estate manager with more than 40 years tested experience and multi-disciplinary qualifications in engineering, management, marketing, finance and real estate. Daniel is highly skilful in the use of information technology for financial analysis, management decisions and reporting for large scale mixed-use commercial development and asset management projects in Asia Pacific regions.
Expertise & Skills
- Facilities & Operations Management
- Development & Project Management
- Asset Enhancement Initiative
- Retail Lease Administration & Audit
- Business & Strategic Asset Planning
- Accounting & Financial Analysis
- Operating and Capital Expenses Budgeting & Audit
- Business Re-engineering
- High IT & Computer Literacy
- Professional Management Reporting
- Property Market Research
- Land Valuation & Development Feasibility
- Presentation and writing skills
Summary of Accomplishments
- Managed multi-million commercial property assets and achieved the target rate of return for multinational company in Singapore.
- Reduced operating expenses using life cycle costing and improved costs-benefits
analysis for multinational company in Singapore.
- Created and developed building maintenance manual, corporate security manual,
business plans, centre procedures, tenants’ fit-out guide and management policies & procedures for shopping centres and high-rise office complexes in Singapore and
- Acquired, developed and managed various commercial real estate development
projects, meeting the financial budget, time schedule and the targeted quality in
Singapore, Malaysia and Perth.
- Successfully completed multi-million fixed asset audit and retail lease audit for aged care group and sub-regional shopping centre in Perth.
- Taught in Curtin University, Perth as Lecturer and Undergraduate/Graduate Coordinator, Property & Real Estate
- Design and Develop Building Services unit for SISV Academy Diploma in Property and Facilities Management in Singapore
Summary of Accomplishments
- Master of Science in Real Estate, NUS, 1995 (Comparable to Australian Master degree)
- Bachelor of Business in Business Administration (Marketing), RMIT (Australia), 1989
- Certified Diploma in Finance & Accounts, ACA (UK), 1984 (Comparable to Australian Bachelor degree)
- Diploma In Management Studies, SIM (Singapore), 1983
- Diploma in Production Engineering, Singapore Polytechnic, 1974
- Industrial Technician Certificate in Mechanical Engineering, Singapore
- Polytechnic, 1973 (Comparable to Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Certificate IV
MAJOR KEY ACHIEVEMENTS
Corporate Real Estate Assets Management
- Corporate real estate asset management of about S$500 million worth of commercial real estate in Singapore for American International Assurance Co Ltd covering real estate acquisitions, divestment, leasing and development. This include a real estate portfolio of 40,000 sqm of commercial space of which 30,000 sqm were classified as intelligent building.
- Development management for three office buildings in Singapore for American International Assurance Co Ltd, valued at S$400 million including implementation of Integrated Facilities Management covering building services, security, janitorial, telecommunication and building operations.
- Managing the corporate real estate assets for Noel Gifts International Ltd (a public-listed company) comprising a S$15 million strata-titled industrial/warehouse building and a development project for Noel corporate headquarters building with completed value of $40 million. Identifying and sourcing real estate investment and development projects in London, Australia, Malaysia and Singapore with a budget of S$30 million.
- Providing corporate real estate services for a group of Internet Services companies with a 110,000 sq ft of 4-storey Hi-Tech industrial building in Tampines, Singapore.
- Providing total asset management for the Aquaint Property group of companies comprising two residential development projects in India, 200 residential housing units in Texas US, 12 units of residential apartments in London, one redevelopment residential high-rise waterfront condominium in Iskandar Johor Bahru Malaysia and one mixed use commercial building at Johor Bahru Malaysia,
Development & Project Management
- Project management for the fitting-out of 100,000 sq. ft of light industrial premises at JTC Kaki Bukit Building for IBM Singapore. Coordinate the downsizing of office space at IBM Towers and the implementation of IBM Mobility Program at the balance 3 floors.
- Project management for a 12-storey 350-room hotel development at Nassim Hill, Singapore including the setting up of the hotel engineering department.
- Project management for the refurbishing and retrofitting work at Goodwood Park Hotel, York Hotel and Ladyhill Hotel, covering hotel room upgrading, new food and beverage outlets, and new security and reservations system.
- Development management of US$250 million Integrated Resort in Bali comprising 18-hole golf course, 400 rooms 5-star hotel, 200 residential villas and 20,000 m2 cultural and retail village.
- Retrofitting and refurbishing a three-storey conservation property of about 33,000 sq ft at a total development cost of S$38 million at Tanjong Pagar Conservation precinct. Transforming the dilapidated building into a modern office complex within a timeframe of 10 months.
- Managing a S$180 million 15-storey prime luxurious residential condominium project in Singapore for a government-linked public listed company.
- Managing a RM350 million commercial business park project comprising hypermarket complex, 5-storey office/shophouse development, business class hotel, corporate office building and educational block at Ayer Keroh Malacca for Ayer Keroh Business Park Sdn Bhd including Retail Strategy
- Managing a RM80 million 10-levels shopping/office complex project at Kluang, Johor Bahru for Pritekma Properties Sdn Bhd including Retail Strategy.
- Conducting and preparing business plan and project feasibility for a proposed S$50 million Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) Hub at Changi Business Park, Singapore.
- Asset Development for a mixed used property in Iskandar, Johor Bahru, Malaysia comprising 1 office tower, 2 hotel block and 1 convention centre cum retail podium. Scope includes project financial feasibility/market study, design development, development budget, total development schedule, and all the necessary legal/contractual matters for the joint stakeholders while working for Aquaint Property Group
- On-site centre management for a $26 million 4-storey residential and shopping centre at South Buona Vista Road, Singapore for Delpha Investments Pte Ltd, a subsidiary of Natsteel Ltd.
- Onsite centre management for Cottesloe Central, Perth and retail & commercial portfolio management of various shop houses, strata-titled retail properties, office building and industrial property at Bibra Lake, through Colliers International, Perth
- Onsite centre management and operations for Kingsway City Shopping Centre at Madeley, Western Australia including asset enhancement initiative and redevelopment plan
- Setting up management office for mixed used strata office and retail tower at Johor Bahru CBD, Malaysia which include proposed asset enhancement and redevelopment plan
Other Related Management
- Managing vacant land bank (S$50 million) in Malaysia and Singapore in terms of divestment, interim usage, redevelopment and asset management for Quality Mall Management shareholders.
- Development of corporate security and safety manual and preventive maintenance program for the implementation within the Asia Pacific countries operated by the American International Group of Companies.
- Overseeing the IT Strategy for Chesterton International Property Consultants Pte Ltd using Novell platform for a network of more than 100 PCs with network laser printers, shared Internet access, full UPS and back-up server storage system complete with full disaster recovery and redundancy system.
- Setting up the full property operations system for the Aquaint Property Group in their real estate assets in US, UK, India and Malaysia.
- Develop Course unit on Property Asset Management for Curtin University in Perth including teaching the following units for Bachelor of Commerce (Property), Curtin University: Property Management; Property Development; Property Market Analysis, Business Valuation; Valuation Practice